Position Description and Qualifications:
Position Summary: This position will work on system-level engineering and electrical problem analysis for automotive infotainment systems, specifically AM/FM. SDARS, Audio, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and USB features. Common tasks include creation of validation plans to test various radio features. Responsibilities include creation of validation plans comprehending and explaining customer requirements, electrical/ system issue analysis, understanding schematic and block diagram of the system, understanding electrical components data sheets, evaluate bench and vehicle log files for issue analysis and supporting customer issues. Engineer will also be responsible for in vehicle system evaluation of performance of infotainment subsystems.
KEY JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interface with the customer base and the headquarters in Japan for electrical engineering and validation related topics on automotive audio systems such as radio, amplifier and navigation.
- Capture and analyze in-vehicle bus data such as GMLAN, LIN, and MOST.
- Capture and analyze internal bus data such as I2C and UART.
- Work with OEM customers to define specifications and negotiate requirements when necessary.
- Communicate analysis results and customer requirements to the core engineering team in Japan.
- Prepare and support design review and technical review meetings with OEM customers for system-level engineering issues.
- Work on and negotiate environmental validation plans with customer therefore validation requirement understanding is required.
- Testing and investigation of issues at customer sites when required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LICENSE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering (or related technical field).
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with GM in an electrical, software, or systems role.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on GMLAN experience and familiarity with GMLAN principles such as power moding, DTCs, and end-of-line programming.
- Understand environmental validation requirements.
- Must be able to understand electrical schematics and block diagrams.
- Hands-on knowledge of electrical debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, etc.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project.
- Must be a self-starter and proactive problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Previous experience with infotainment products (radios, navigation, amplifier, etc.).
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; Spreadsheet software and design software. Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project.
Exceeding Customer Expectations –Provides timely and professional service to both internal and external customers; is responsive to customer needs and requests; is always courteous to the customer and considers the needs of the customer when making decisions. Has sufficient knowledge of products and services, builds rapport, and helps customers enthusiastically; communicates well with customers and follows up as necessary; is always professional and represents the organization positively.
Communicating Effectively –Shares information. Listens and involves others. Clearly conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message. Changes interpersonal style and approach based on circumstance or audience; works hard with all kinds of people and workgroups; does not judge others.
Accountability – Takes accountability for his/her actions and their consequences, both good and bad, owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development.
Building Fostering Teamwork-Is an honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and consensual decision making and shows empathy and respect for others. Builds and maintains good working relationships.
Delivers High Quality Results- Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities. Delivers on commitments; finishes tasks on time and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy.
Continuous Improvement-Uses formal and informal tools and techniques to achieve operational excellence. Maintains a constant focus on efforts to improve performance, quality and efficiency of work processes.
Applies Job-Specific Expertise– Understands and masters the skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform daily work tasks.
Solving Complex Problems- Thinks through complex problems and information using traditional and innovative approaches to identify effective solutions. Breaks down large problems into smaller, more manageable components; identifies key factors that influence the viability of different solutions; clarifies information needed to solve problems. Anticipates, detects, and prevents problems using a variety of methods and approaches.