This technician will support in production and build of test environment for automation test, manual test, and vehicle test set up environment including simulation. Other items may include testing of audio listening evaluation, radio bench or drive evaluation, electrical evaluation, navigation evaluation, function evaluation, HD DS field evaluation, and VR/ BT/ HF/ IOP evaluation. This position will require a bench production skill with prototype capabilities but not limited to manual testing and drive evaluation. Evaluation may include long drives for testing purposes which indicates that the position will spend time in vehicle for testing. The position will cover all aspects of evaluations including preparation, test environment build, hardware and setup troubleshooting analysis, vehicle modifications and retrofits. Detailed oriented qualities are required to maintain daily output and remain on target for completion of all evaluations. The job is not only limited to testing and production, but it will also require regular documentation, reporting, analysis, test scenario improvements, and lab and equipment setup plus organization. 5 days per week and 8 hours per day of work is required. Candidate must also be able to periodically travel for a period of ~2weeks.
Required Skills and Experience:
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in the automotive field, specifically in electronics and possess vehicle infotainment knowledge. Prefers experience with audio systems, BT, hardware connectivity, navigation usage, product evaluation/ testing, and various hardware / harness builds. Must have a clean driving record and ability to drive safely for testing. Most importantly, the candidate must have a passion for audio, electronics, and technology. Hands on experience with some form of car work (studio sound, live sound, car audio, home audio, etc.), and practical knowledge of automobiles. Good hands-on skills (soldering, harness builds, vehicle tear down), work ethics, attention to detail, and good attitude is a must for this position. Car audio installation experience is a plus.
Associate of Science (AS) in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or related field
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and experience with technical specifications, hands on electronic analysis activities and ability to establish and follow appropriate analysis. Ability to read/interpret schematic diagram.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read/interpret technical drawings. Capable to solder wires, electronic components into circuit boards. Wire harness termination and assembly. Vehicle Driving Ability: Ability to safely operate motor vehicle. Understands requirements and applicability of QS-9000 or IATF 16949.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations-Provides timely and professional service to both internal and external customers; is responsive to customer needs and requests; is always courteous to the customer and considers the needs of the customer when making decisions. Has sufficient knowledge of products and services, builds rapport, and helps customers enthusiastically; communicates well with customers and follows up as necessary; is always professional and represents the organization positively.
- Communicating Effectively-Shares information. Listens and involves others. Clearly conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message. Changes interpersonal style and approach based on circumstance or audience; works hard with all kinds of people and workgroups; does not judge others.
- Building Fostering Teamwork-Is an honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and consensual decision making and shows empathy and respect for others. Builds and maintains good working relationships.
- Delivers High Quality Results- Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities. Delivers on commitments; finishes tasks on time and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Continuous Improvement-Uses formal and informal tools and techniques to achieve operational excellence. Maintains a constant focus on efforts to improve performance, quality, and efficiency of work processes.
- Applies Job-Specific Expertise- Understands and masters the skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform daily work tasks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This position is for our client who is a Tier One supplier. It is a direct hire position with our client. Please note in this position candidates will be working onsite in Novi, Michigan.