The Electrical Engineering Manager will provide technical leadership, team and project management for all aspects of electrical development, system integration, and validation for automotive infotainment systems. To qualify for this position, the individual must have experience working to develop electronic products at a Tier 1 supplier. Several system and electrical engineers will report to this manager. This position reports to the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintains customer relationships and serves as the key contact person with the customer for engineering issues and requirements
- Leads and coordinates safe launch plans to ensure customer expectations and support tasks are achieved.
- Lead and manage a team of electrical/ system engineers to complete the following tasks on time.
- Define and negotiate engineering requirements with the customer.
- Gain in-depth understanding of customer requirements/requests to give clear and concise instructions to the core engineering team in Japan.
- Perform electrical system bench/vehicle tests and provide analysis on issues found.
- Work out solutions to engineering issues with the core engineering team in Japan and provide 5-phase report to the customer.
- Determine software calibration values released to the customer.
- Create validation test plans for environmental and EMC tests to obtain approval from the customer.
- Provide engineering support to obtain new business during customer sourcing process.
- Provide engineering support for F-Ten manufacturing plants and customer plants during product launch phase.
- Provides technical leadership over the team and development activities.
- Manages and facilitates issues, processes, and activities within and across department functions.
- Create, implement, and improve current processes in place and add new ones as needed.
- Propose budget and staffing plan to upper management and hire/train necessary human resources to build a strong team to support current programs and future business expansion.
- Mentor and train the team during development on issue investigation and analysis, keep team up to date with technology.
- Work with production facilities and help them resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Management and Leadership skills expected.
- Task allocation.
- Performance reviews.
- Team mentoring and team building.
- Team and product management.
- Budget and mid-term planning.
- Tactical and strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in developing automotive electronics at a Tier 1 supplier for General Motors (not required but preferable).
- Familiarity with automotive (OEM) specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (Good presentation skills).
- Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience in maintaining a quality system compliant with QS-9000 or TS 16949.
- Experience with MOST is strongly preferred.
- Ability to speak Japanese is preferred but not required.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations-Provides timely and professional service to both internal and external customers; is responsive to customer needs and requests; is always courteous to the customer and considers the needs of the customer when making decisions. Has sufficient knowledge of products and services and helps customers enthusiastically; communicates well with customers and follows up as necessary; is always professional and represents the organization positively.
- Communicating Effectively-Shares useful information with the team. Provides insight and offers knowledge and experience. Listens and involves others. Clearly conveys ideas in a manner that engages others and helps them understand and retain the message. Changes interpersonal style and approach based on circumstance or audience; works hard with all kinds of people and workgroups; does not judge others.
- Delivering High Quality Work-Makes sure responsibilities central to the role meet all requirements and expectations. Finishes tasks promptly and critically reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Results Orientation-Can be counted upon to successfully execute on goals. Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked.
- Accountability-Follows through on commitments; lets others know his/her true intentions. Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad.
- Building Fostering Teamwork-Is an honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and consensual decision making and shows empathy and respect for others. Builds and maintains good working relationships.
- Continuous Improvement-Uses formal and informal tools and techniques to achieve operational excellence. Maintains a constant focus on efforts to improve performance, quality and efficiency of work processes.
- Displaying Technical Expertise-Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Critical Thinking-Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
Profession Specific Competencies-IPQM:
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions-Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
- Demonstrating Initiative-Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked
- Acquiring Information-Consults with others on problems and activities; collects information from a range of sources to assist and guide job activities; asks effective questions to obtain information to help him/her perform their job
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is typically performed in an office environment. Travel will be required to national and international locations.
This position is for our client who is a Tier One supplier. It is a direct hire position with our client. Please note in this position candidates will work in a hybrid solution, both on-site AND remotely, and requires minimal travel.