- Android Framework and Native development and customizations
- Must have worked on Android framework customization extensively (Window manager, Views, Audio, Video, Connectivity, Power Module, etc.)
- Excellent in Java, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Android KPI, Boot and Memory optimizations
- Experience on Android HIDL interfaces implementation and customizations
- Android CTS, VTS and GTS debugging and issue fixing
- Interface with Various Domains within Android Product Line to achieve Stability metrics.
- Features and enhancements for customers.
- Ensure the delivery of features in scope, time, and quality.
- Ensure that the SW process is applied in the project in consultation with SW-APQP.
- Report status, issues, and progress of the SW development to the SW project lead
- Effort estimation for Change Requests from Product Management
- Ensure pre-integration testing and verification for the functional area and its features.
- Ensure the implementation of defined test strategies and document the achieved results.
- 6+ years of experience on embedded systems, with focus on Android Framework and Native development.
- Strong Java, C++ programming skills.
- Understanding of Android Boot Sequence and various Framework module architecture.
- Hands on troubleshooting issues on run-time environment.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proficient in Android System concepts.
- Should have experience on Android development and debugging robust systems.
- Proficient in multi-threaded programming and middleware solution development on Android environment. Strong in fundamentals of IPC and OS concepts.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- Good experience in Android internals (Android R preferred).
- Android build, porting, and customization experience.
- System level debugging.
- Experience of system integration.
- Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance.
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition.
- Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things.
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs.
- Connect, engage and communicate with others.
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships.
- Make sound decisions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions.
- Deliver extraordinary results.
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Consumer Products
- High Tech. – Software & Hardware
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Systems Engineer for Enterprise Architecture team develops mechanisms/processes for measure key system parameters, behaviors and KPIs, exercises such means to audit/review actual system performance against accepted criteria and resolve deviations by collaborating with architecture, engineering and validation teams. The role shall also setup complex test beds for modelling, reproducing or triaging system level behaviors and issues.
You will be part of enterprise architecture focused on development, maintenance and continuous improvement of Harman solutions and system. This will be an individual contribution role.
- Developing and enforcing acceptable system performance.
- Understand Harman solution, its constituent parts and vehicle architecture in which it operates.
- Develop strategies to measure key performance parameters of the system such as boot, adherence to protocol specifications, response time, resource utilization etc. with support of architects.
- Lead or support project in triaging system issues and help identify lead engineering team responsible for resolution.
- Own responsibility of fixing system issues or review & approve solutions from engineering team.
- Audit and report system performance indicators at required frequency. Take actions to resolve deviations.
- Review system acceptance criteria and support/guide verification team for complex scenarios.
- Setup hardware-in-loop setups for measuring system performance, reproducing and triaging system issues. Use of HW tools such as scopes, logic analyzers, programmable power supplies etc. may be required.
- Technical point of contact of Harman for external parties (OEM, suppliers) system topics.
- Support group/team level initiatives.
- Lead or participate in technical proof-of-concept on new technologies, innovations, and process/system improvements.
- Capture learning, ideas and solutions in internal wiki, documentations etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent)
- 8+ years of overall professional experience in embedded software development
- 4 to 6 years of experience with systems software developer experience
- Working knowledge of Embedded Linux/QNX and Android (preferred) OS
- Understanding / experience in system engineering tools (HW and SW).
- Working knowledge of automotive infotainment systems and features
- Experience working with SoC BSP areas such bootloader, kernel, drivers etc.
- Working knowledge of protocols such as CAN, SPI, USB, I2C, Ethernet, TCP/IP etc. used in Automotive
- Good at understanding the big picture.
- Strong team player with the ability to handle multiple areas
- Self-motivated, results-driven individual, passionate about technology.
- Fast learner with the ability to correctly process and summarize large amounts of information
- Experience triaging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment
- Experience in test automation and knowledge of a scripting language
- Working knowledge of automotive HU boot up and IVI application environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to refocus and reprioritize tasks to meet the demands of the product development cycle
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects
This position is for our client who is a Tier One supplier. It is a direct hire position with our client. Please note in this position candidates will be working onsite in Farmington Hills, Michigan.