- Android Framework and Native development and customizations
- Must have worked on Android framework customization extensively (Window manager, Views, Audio, Video, Connectivity, Power Module, etc.)
- Excellent in Java, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Android KPI, Boot and Memory optimizations
- Experience on Android HIDL interfaces implementation and customizations
- Android CTS, VTS and GTS debugging and issue fixing
- Interface with Various Domains within Android Product Line to achieve Stability metrics.
- Features and enhancements for customers.
- Ensure the delivery of features in scope, time, and quality.
- Ensure that the SW process is applied in the project in consultation with SW-APQP.
- Report status, issues, and progress of the SW development to the SW project lead
- Effort estimation for Change Requests from Product Management
- Ensure pre-integration testing and verification for the functional area and its features.
- Ensure the implementation of defined test strategies and document the achieved results.
- 6+ years of experience on embedded systems, with focus on Android Framework and Native development.
- Strong Java, C++ programming skills.
- Understanding of Android Boot Sequence and various Framework module architecture.
- Hands on troubleshooting issues on run-time environment.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Proficient in Android System concepts.
- Should have experience on Android development and debugging robust systems.
- Proficient in multi-threaded programming and middleware solution development on Android environment. Strong in fundamentals of IPC and OS concepts.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- Good experience in Android internals (Android R preferred).
- Android build, porting, and customization experience.
- System level debugging.
- Experience of system integration.
- Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance.
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition.
- Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things.
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs.
- Connect, engage and communicate with others.
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships.
- Make sound decisions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions.
- Deliver extraordinary results.
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Consumer Products
- High Tech. – Software & Hardware
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is for our client who is a Tier One supplier. It is a direct hire position with our client. Please note in this position candidates will be working onsite in Farmington Hills, Michigan.